2018 SERIES (18 in.)
170 HP John Deere Turbo Diesel
18-Inch Wood Chipper
The J.P. Carlton 2018HD Wood Chipper is designed and built to stand up in the toughest applications, able to withstand all the punishment you and your crew can dish out. From its high capacity axles and tires, to its heavy-duty frame, back to the rigid 3/8″ feed table, the 2018HD is built right. J.P. Carlton understands the environment the 2018HD must survive in everyday. Thoughtful design elements like concealed wiring, integrated single manifold hydraulics with electronic control, dual lift cylinders, full – length radiator protection guards keep the 2018HD operating at peak performance year after year. For Durability and Dependability nothing compares to J.P. Carlton.
The J.P. Carlton 2018HD wood chipper is an extremely versatile high production machine. The 2018HD is built to stand the day in day out duty of clearing or producing fuel chips while still being operator friendly. The J.P. Carlton 2018HD is at home behind an arborist truck or out in the woods with a clearing crew!! The super high torque feed system unique to the 2018HD provides the most pulling power available on an 18″ capacity chipper. This high torque feed system combined with the high horsepower diesel engine options and proprietary chipping system make the 2018HD chip like no other high capacity machine on the market. This chipping system gives a consistent high quality dimensional chip. The 2018HD is able to take the largest logs and discharge them to the front of 53′ trucks with ease – No plugging this chipper!!! The combination of an excellent chip quality and high rate discharge pack chip boxes tight, getting the best reduction ratio on the market.
- Led Taillights mounted high on the infeed out of harms way. The 2018HD’s taillights have heavy duty covers for extra protection. All the wiring runs inside the frame to give the machine a neater appearance and keep wires clear of damage.
- Hydraulic Swivel Discharge quickly and easily allows the operator to fill the largest capacity chip trucks corner to corner, or direct the chips to a precise place on the lot.
- Hand Crank Height Adjustable Discharge Chute allows the operator to quickly adjust the discharge perfectly for any truck.
- Massive 20″ x 18″ Throat Opening is the largest in its class and easily handles the most difficult materials.
Rigid 3/8″ Feed Table resists bending under the day to day stresses of chipping the largest logs. This heavy duty feed table is framed in tubing for even more added strength!
- Heavy Duty 1 1/2″ Feeder Bar
Four 235/75R17.5 6000 Pound Capacity Tires easily carry the load.
64″ Wide Infeed Chute takes the big tops and requires less trimming by the crew!
- Hydraulic Planetary Winch with 2 speeds and freewheel provides 10,000 pounds of pulling power
- Tandem Hydraulic System provides power independently to each feed wheel. This system ensures the most power at all times to the feed system. By running this system directly off the engine all hydraulic functions are available without engaging the disk.
- Locking Fuel and Hydraulic Tanks sit down in the frame for maximum capacity and a clean design.
- Heavy Duty 10,000 pound tongue jack.
2018 SERIES (18 in.) Specifications
|Tires||235/75R17.5 Ld Rng H 6005 # @125 PSI|
|Axles||Two Dexter Torflex 9,000 Pound Cap|
|Brakes||Electric Both Axles w/Breakaway Switch|
|Hitch||Nine Inch Height Adjustable Pintle|
|Fuel Capacity||62 Gallons|
|Jack Stand||10000 # Cap Screw Type|
|Manufacturer||John Deere 6068T Turbo Diesel|
|Number of Cylinders||Six|
|Bore||4.19 Inches (106 mm)|
|Stroke||5.0 Inches (127 mm)|
|Displacement||414 Cubic Inches (6.8L)|
|Maximum RPM||2500 RPM|
|Torque||358 Ft Lbs (485 NM)|
|Cooling Medium||Liquid Water/Antifreeze Mixture|
|Air Cleaner||Two Stage Dry Type|
|Oil Filter||Full Flow Spin On|
|Oil Capacity||13 Quarts|
|Oil Type||John Deere|
|Gauges||Murphy Power View w/ Shutdowns|
|Clutch||Twin Disk 11 1/2 ” Over Center|
|Disk Bearings||3 11/16 inches Pillow Block Bearings|
|Feed Roller Bearings||2 7/16 inches Tapered Roller|
|Wheel Diameter||55 inches|
|Wheel Thickness||2 inches with 1 inch backer|
|Disk Balance||Precision High Speed Balanced|
|Wheel Speed||900 RPM Nominal|
|Number of Knives||6|
|Knife Dimensions||(4) 7 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ x 1/2″ (2) 5 1/8″|
|Anvil||5″ x 18″ x 1/4″ AR400|
|Chip Throwers||Two 1/2″ x 4″ x 8″ x 24 1/2″ long|
|Throat Opening||18 1/2″ x 20 1/2″|
|Hyd Pump Displacement||2.59 in cu/rev total from 2 pumps|
|Hyd Pump Drive System||Direct Drive off Engine Mount|
|Flow||25 GPM Total Tandem Systems|
|System Relief||3000 PSI|
|Oil Tank Capacity||20 Gallons|
|Valve||Solonoid Operated DO5 Valves|
|Hose||16,000 PSI Burst – Exceeds SAE 100R2|
|Oil Filter||10 Micron Return with Suction Strainer|
|Hydraulic Cooler||Aluminum with Electric Fan|
|Cutter Head Shaft||5|
|Feed Motors||64 Cubic Inch Displacement|
|Flow||Separate Systems for Top/Btm Feed|
|Hydraulic Drive||Live – Driven off engine|
|Autofeed||Reversing Digital, Fully Adjustable|
|Feed Rate||100 Feet Per Minute|
|Feed Rollers||Top: 15 3/4″ Dia Bottom: 10 5/8″ Dia|
|Springs Two||Two 19″ Tight Wound Powder Coated|
|Slide Bearings||Four 16″ x 1″ x 1″ Ryertex|
|Lift Cylinders||Two 2 x 18 with 1″ attachments|
|Discharge||Hyd Adjustable Swivel Crank Height|
|Main Trailer Tongue||3″ x 8″ with 1/2″ wall|
|Main Trailer Frame||3″ x 8″ with 1/4″ wall|
|Engine Channel Mnts||4″ Channel with 5/16″ web|
|Infeed Chute||1/4″ with 2″ x 2″ x 1/4″ tube frame|
|Infeed Tray||3/8″ Plate w/2″ x 2″ and 2″ x 4″ Tube|
|Discharge Chute||1/4″ Neck with 10 gauge discharge|
|Fuel Tank||10 gauge with baffles rubber mtd|
|Hydraulic Tank||10 gauge with baffles rubber mtd|
|Battery Box||14 gauge checker plate – lockable|
|Fenders||3/16″ checker plate|
|Feeder Bar||1 1/2″ OD x 1/8″ wall – removable|
|Radiator Guards||2″ x 4″ with 3/16″ wall|
|Light Brackets||3/16″ with hidden wiring LED Lights|
|Axle Mounts||1/2″ Plate|
|Hitch Plate||3/4″ Plate adjustable 9″ Up/Down|
DUE TO CONTINUOUS DESIGN IMPROVEMENTS
CONSULT FACTORY PRIOR TO ORDERING 1-800-243-9335.
* Multiple engine options available up to 275 horsepower. Contact J.P. Carlton for more information.